Annual IBA Latin American Regional Forum Training Course for Young Lawyers
20 March 2019, Santiago, Chile
A training presented by the IBA Latin American Regional Forum
M&A in the new era: overview of an M&A process and how technology is changing it
Due diligence: incorporation of technology into due diligences – will artificial intelligence (AI) replace us?
How to evaluate and mitigate relevant contingencies in tech companies:
– New technologies and lack of regulation:
– how to ensure legal compliance and mitigate risks for investors
– Compliance: how to efficiently cover this issue and how it can affect the outcome of an M&A transaction?
M&A and venture capital in the tech area – practical aspects:
– Investment structures (convertible loans, safes, unincorporated partnerships, etc.)
– Funds, local and foreign vehicles
Legal workshop: cross-border transactional matters
Representations and warranties
Drafting, signing and closing sessions
In-house lawyers’ expectations in M&A transactions
Who should attend?
Law students and young lawyers will have the opportunity to hear legal practitioners’ experiences and insights, from a practical and participative approach.