‘Double, double, toil and trouble’ – recent and upcoming challenges for private client advisors
This opening panel discusses the latest trends across the globe and how they affect successful international families. The increasingly complex regulatory environment effects not only owners of business, but also day-to-day work of international advisors and service providers. This interactive discussion addresses what is currently happening across the legal, banking and advisory sectors.
• Legal services to wealthy clients – has anything changed?
• Transparency – how trust companies, clients and their advisers are dealing with it
• BEPS implications for private clients
• International banking – how to deal with practical difficulties
• Challenges with trusts in various jurisdictions
Olga Boltenko Withers, Zurich; Co-Chair, IBA Individual Tax and Private Client Committee
Leigh-Alexandra Basha McDermott Will & Emery, Washington DC; Council Member, IBA Legal Practice Division
Gerd Kostrzewa Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, Düsseldorf
Christopher Potter SETE, Geneva
Daniel Simon Collyer Bristow, London; Vice-Chair, IBA Individual Tax and Private Client Committee
Rashad Wareh Kozusko Harris Duncan, New York; Co-Chair IBA Individual Tax and Private Client Committee