Private funds are facing challenging times when fundraising in a more regulated environment both in Europe as well as in the US. Topics include:
• the introduction of new private placement regimes in Europe
• the scope of AIFMD marketing and management requirements and that of reverse solicitation and the new rules on distribution in Switzerland
• how rules such as the AIFMD anti-asset-stripping rules would become relevant to non-EU fund managers
• the consequences of JOBS Act and Volcker Rule
• the effect of such a regulatory environment on activities of fund managers in general.
Finally, the panel will discuss any new developments such as a marketing passport for non-EU fund managers.
Steven Whittaker Schulte Roth & Zabel, London
Michael Collins European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA), Belgium
Gavin Farrell Mourant Ozannes, Guernsey
Sally Gibson Debevoise and Plimpton, London
Michael Suppappola Proskauer Rose, Boston
Sue Woodman Equistone, London