When selecting speakers, Committee and Session Chairs are asked to be mindful of the following:
· No more than one representative from a firm or alliance is permitted in any session. Note that a Session Chair is one representative;
· Any Committee submitting a list of speakers which includes more than one representative from one firm or alliance will be requested to remove one name;
· While there may be more than one representative from one firm or alliance within the Committee programme as a whole, Committee Chairs are strongly encouraged not to do so if possible, but instead to seek a diverse range of speakers from varied sources;
· Diversity of geography and gender across your panels is mandatory to ensure the strongest and most international panels we can offer. Each panel must have a fair and balanced representation of speakers. If you are unable to identify a suitable speaker please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for further assistance;
· For optimal audience experience and successful, interactive sessions, we encourage you to only invite a maximum of 5 speakers to participate in a session.
· Session Chairs are encouraged to be sensitive to representation from the host country and region; however it is important not to overload the number of speakers per session in order to allow a proper analysis and discussion of the topic;
· Speakers must be expert in the relevant subject and have a good command of English;
· To assist with the PR and marketing of your sessions and the conference, please note in the designated field any speakers on your panels who have a high profile in the media;
· Please ensure that all session panellists agree to their information (name, location, firm) being published on the IBA Annual Conference online and printed programme. Session chairs will also need to agree to their details being passed on to the other panellists;
· Subsidies for speakers must be agreed in advance with the Secretary-Treasurer via the Head of Divisions Administration, Astrid Wargenau (email@example.com). No reimbursement will be made to lawyers in private practice. Each Committee can ask for one speaker’s expenses to be reimbursed from the Conference budget.