A virtual round tables session presented by International Commerce, Trade, Franchising and Product Law Section
This is the traditional Hot Topics session, which we as a Section organise at each Annual Conference and which have always been great - and very well attended- successes. This virtual round tables session will give participants the opportunity to attend successively up to three virtual tables in break-out rooms dedicated to a specific hot topic. At each virtual table, two moderators will guide the discussion surrounding the selected hot topic. There will be an introduction to the sessions by the co-chairs and a wrap-up afterwards for all participants.
• Rapid changes in the post-Covid retail industry and its impact on franchising and distribution contracts;
• The impact of sustainable development and supply chain disruption on free trade agreements;
• The rising importance of an ESG compliance system;
• Economic sanctions: exploring the impact on international trade;
• Dispute resolution: mediation, arbitration, courts… which to choose? How to secure the process (for example, letter of intents (LOIs) and bank guarantees);
• The impact of Covid-19 on franchising networks and franchise documents;
• Ghost kitchens: enduring lessons learned from the pandemic period and recovery;
• The impact of sustainable development on regional trade agreements; and
• When you find yourself in times of trouble – for example, regarding product liability issues caused by off-label-use during the pandemic.
PLUS - post-webinar networking
As part of your IBA webinar experience, the IBA will be providing a networking room at the end of this webinar for attendees to join and chat with other participants. The programme is called REMO and in order to participate you will need to register ahead of the webinar:
• Simply register here: https://live.remo.co/e/the-international-commerce-trade
• Click on the ‘Save me a spot’ button
• Enter your email address and create an account, or log in if you have an account
• Follow the instructions received by email to access the room at the end of the session.
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all delegates who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email email@example.com
Guillermo Sanchez Chao
Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa y Cia, Mexico City, Mexico; Co-Chair, International Trade and Customs Law Committee
DLA Piper, Reston, Virginia, USA; Co-Chair, International Franchising Committee
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, Berlin, Germany
Greenberg Traurig, Chicago, Illinois, USA; Secretary, International Franchising Committee
Beccar Varela, Buenos Aires, Argentina
KRK Kieszkowska Rutkowska Kolasinski, Warsaw, Poland
Chair, Export Controls, Sanctions and Anti-Corruption Subcommittee