The Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law of the International Bar Association (SEERIL) is pleased to announce that it will be holding its 2022 Biennial Conference in Milan from 16-18 May 2022. The theme of the in-person conference is Resource Development at a Crossroads.
Renowned experts will be speaking at the conference, with cutting edge programmes addressing, among other topics, how environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria and climate change commitments will impact current and future investment in, and the development of, infrastructure and resources.
Topics will include :
- Addressing and preparing for the consequences of the global energy transition
- Renewable fuels
- Resilience in energy, infrastructure and natural resources law: examining legal pathways for sustainability in times of disruption
- The future of the electric system
- Water development at a crossroads - environmental constraints on water and impacts to economic development and public health
- Can mining be a sustainable business?
- The future of infrastructure delivery
- Supercharging ecosystems: are conservation parks to become key in the future economic recovery?
- Keeping the lights on - investment in oil and gas in a low-carbon world