A webinar presented by the IBA Law Firm Management Committee
In the United Kingdom and several other jurisdictions, law firms have for been able to accept external equity ownership for many years. In other jurisdictions, most notably in the United States, this has been strongly opposed, but resistance appears to be thawing.
This webinar will equip law firm leaders in jurisdictions where external equity ownership (not necessarily by lawyers) is permitted with knowledge necessary to consider implications for their own firms and help those in other jurisdictions better understand the implications of implementing this strategy.
This webinar will discuss:
- What opportunities can law firms derive from external equity and what pitfalls need to be managed?
- What must law firms contemplating such a strategy consider in making decisions?
- What should clients expect of firms making such a change?
- How will these issues be influenced by current trends driving change in the way legal services are delivered, especially digitalisation?
We will also consider the issues from the perspectives of a major publicly listed law firm, a firm that was previously publicly listed and a 'Magic Circle' firm wholly owned by its partners.
- Robert Millard Cambridge Strategy Group, Cambridge
- Zulon Begum CM Murray, London; Vice Chair, IBA Law Firm Management Committee, Strategy and Finance Subcommittee
- Sir Nigel Knowles DWF, London
- Stephen Revell Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Singapore; Secretary-Treasurer, IBA Law Firm Management Committee
- Nils Stoesser Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK, London
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all delegates who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email email@example.com
All registered delegates will have received an email from the IBA with the passcode to access the session recording. IBA Members can also access the recording free of charge. For queries or to request the passcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.