A webinar jointly presented by the IBA Business Human Rights Committee, IBA Mining Law Committee and IBA Public Law Committee, supported by The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (RMMLF), the Columbia Centre on Sustainable Investment
Business human rights is an important topic for the international mining, investment and human rights communities. In addition to receiving considerable attention by representatives of the mining, investment, governmental agencies and non-governmental organisations, it is useful as a vehicle for addressing environmental and susteinability issues as well as the relationships of mining enterprises with individual communities and the countries in which they are pursued.
This webinar will cover topics such as business human rights frameworks; advising the mining industry on business human rights; the importance of human rights to the financing and investment communities; and issues on the ground relating to business human rights and the mining sector.
Download here the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and NCPs, provided by the Australian National Contact Point Independent Examiner, which will be referred to during this webinar.
- Kevin O’Callaghan Fasken Martineau DuMoulin, Vancouver, BC; Advisory Board Member, IBA Business Human Rights Committee
- Stuart Butzier Modrall Sperling Roehl Harris & Sisk, Santa Fe, New Mexico; Vice Chair, IBA Mining Law Committee
- Elise Groulx Diggs Doughty Street Chambers, London; Co-Chair, IBA Business Human Rights Committee
- Jonathan Hoch Head of Legal - Commercial, Anglo American, London
- Jonathan Drimmer Paul Hastings, Washington, DC; Corporate Counsel Forum Liaison Officer, IBA Business Human Rights Committee
- David Orta Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, Washington, DC
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all delegates who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org