A webinar presented by the IBA’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI)
Donald Trump, the former President of the United States, is facing impeachment for the second time. On this occasion, it is alleged that his conduct and language incited the storming of the Capitol, the seat of American government and a global symbol of democracy. Many legal questions arise as to constitutionality, criminal incitement, interference in freedom of expression by closing down media accounts and the issue of internet regulation. This will be a fascinating discussion between leading US lawyers as to whether this impeachment is a legitimate process or a settling of political scores.
- Baroness Helena Kennedy QC Director, IBA Human Rights Institute, London
- Professor Laurence Tribe Harvard University, Author of 'American Constitutional Law, a major treatise in American Constitutional Law', Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Professor Philip Bobbitt Columbia University, Author of Award Winning 'The Shield of Achilles: War, Peace and the Course of History', New York City, New York
- Elaine Kamarck Founding Director of the Center for Effective Public Management at the Brookings Institution, formerly worked in the White House 1993 - 1997, Washington DC
- Jonathan Freedland Renowned political commentator and contributor to the Guardian, London
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all IBA members who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email email@example.com