A webinar presented by the IBA’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI)
This webinar has been arranged jointly by the Human Rights Institute of the International Bar Association and the Coalition for an International Court for the Environment, and aims to start a discussion on how the legal system needs to adapt in order to combat environmental issues ahead of the United Nations Climate Change Conference, which is due to be held in Glasgow in November 2021. The report of the IBA Presidential Task Force on Climate Change Justice and Human Rights recommended progress towards a permanent International Court for the Environment to allow for more litigation on climate change and environmental issues. Moderated by Baroness Kennedy QC, the webinar will bring together key thinkers on environmental law to debate this.
- Baroness Helena Kennedy QC Director, IBA Human Rights Institute, London; Co-Chair, IBA Climate Change Justice and Human Rights Task Force
- Kristin Casper Interim General Counsel, Greenpeace International, Amsterdam
- David Estrin Environmental Law Specialist, Toronto, Ontario; Co-Chair, IBA Climate Change Justice and Human Rights Task Force
- Stephen Hockman QC Six Pump Court Chambers, The Temple, London
- Maya Steinitz Professor, The University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all IBA members who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. Currently only IBA members will be provided with a certificate free of charge. IBA members should use the email address you have on file with the IBA to register for this webinar if you require a certificate of attendance. Certificates for non-members are chargeable. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email email@example.com.