A webinar presented by the IBA Maritime and Transport Law Committee
ESG and various initiatives have been widely discussed but lately there has been a particular focus on financing and investment. However, some very recent developments (for example, the Poseidon Principles and the Sea Cargo Charter) have further underlined the relevance of ESG to the shipping industry. If this was ever an area of ‘soft law’, it will surely change in the coming years. Some shipowners have already decided to be in the forefront of these developments and have committed to, for example, zero carbon emission and other measures to limit global warming.
This webinar will discuss:
- Key aspects of ESG in the maritime sector
- Ship financing and its requirements in respect of ESG
- ESG – any relevance for shippers?
- Ship owners’ views
- Latin American perspective
- ESG from a practicing lawyers’ perspective
- Ulla von Weissenberg Procope & Hornborg, Helsinki; Senior Vice Chair, IBA Maritime and Transport Law Committee
- Marco Remiorz Arnecke Sibeth Dabelstein, Hamburg; Co-Vice Chair, IBA Maritime and Transport Law Committee
- Morten Bo Christiansen A.P. Möller-Maersk, Copenhagen
- Knut Ola Skotvedt DNB Bank ASA, Oslo
- Rashpal Singh Bhatti BHP Group, Singapore
- Gerald Morrissey Holland & Knight, Washington, DC
- Luna Nóvoa Gomes Jaeger Kincaid Mendes Vianna Advogados, Rio de Janeiro
As part of your IBA webinar experience, the IBA will be providing a networking room at the end of this webinar for attendees to join and chat with other participants. The programme is called REMO and in order to participate you will need to register ahead of the webinar.
- Simply register here
- Click on the 'Sign in to join event' button
- Enter your email address and create an account
- There are a short series of slides to view if you want to learn how to use the programme, or simply 'skip' and enter the room
During the webinar broadcast, you will be given a link to access the networking room. Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all delegates who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your certificate of attendance, please email email@example.com.
All registered delegates will have received an email from the IBA with the passcode to access the session recording. IBA members can also access the recording free of charge. For queries or to request the passcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.