A webinar presented by the IBA North American Regional Office supported by the IBA African Regional Forum, the IBA Arab Regional Forum, the Asia Pacific Regional Forum, the IBA Business and Human Rights Committee, the IBA Corporate Counsel Forum, the IBA Diversity and Equality Law Committee, the IBA European Regional Forum, the IBA Indigenous Peoples Committee, the IBA Law Firm Management Committee, the IBA LGBTI Law Committee, the IBA North American Regional Forum, the IBA Women Lawyers' Interest Group and the IBA Young Lawyers' Committee
Please join us to hear the views of GCs from McKinsey and Mondelez and the former GC of Novartis on, among other things, the degree to which a law firm’s track record on diversity, equity and inclusion will either propel it or hinder it the near and medium term.
Our panelists will address these and other questions:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) increasingly are factors in deciding which law firm a GC will engage. How do you assess whether a law firm is genuinely committed to DEI? What are the perils associated with a firm’s failure to make meaningful progress on the DEI front in the next year or two? The next five years? Will firms with a solid DEI track record continue to be rewarded with a larger percentage of your legal spend?
- What advice do you have for law firms that have mediocre records but aspire to do better? What are some best practices that you think they should consider adopting?
- Corporate legal departments worldwide also are striving to improve their DEI record. What changes are afoot, including changes in your own legal department?
- Sternford Moyo Scanlen & Holdernes, Harare; President, International Bar Association
- Jean Lee Minority Corporate Counsel Association, New York City, New York
- Shannon Klinger Novartis International AG, Basel
- Lucy Lopez Deputy General Counsel & Head of Legal for the Americas, McKinsey & Company, New York City, New York
- Ian McDougall Executive Vice President & General Counsel, LexisNexis, New York City, New York City, New York
- Reginald Rasch Head of Legal, Rakuten USA, New York City, New York City, New York
- Laura Stein Executive VP, Corporate & Legal Affairs and General Counsel, Mondelez International, Chicago, Illinois
As part of your IBA webinar experience, the IBA will be providing a networking room at the end of this webinar for attendees to join and chat with other participants. The programme is called REMO and in order to participate you will need to register ahead of the webinar.
- Simply register here
- Click on the 'Sign in to join event' button
- Enter your email address and create an account
- There are a short series of slides to view if you want to learn how to use the programme, or simply 'skip' and enter the room
During the webinar broadcast, you will be given a link to access the networking room. Any questions, please contact email@example.com
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable. Please note registration will close one hour prior to the event.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all IBA members who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please firstname.lastname@example.org