Academic institutions handling the Covid-19 crisis
Academic institutions handling the Covid-19 crisis: how has legal education reacted and what will the future look like for legal education?
A webinar presented by the IBA Academic and Professional Development Committee
Representatives from legal academic institutions around the world can provide practical inspiration on how they are coping with their teaching requirements during the Covid-19 crisis. Will this change the education methods and systems for the future?
Topics will include:
- How have they changed
- What platforms are being used – pros and cons
- What measures/actvities should professors take to secure attention during the whole class and to promote class participation and discussion.
- Are there any specific tools?
Books and materials:
- Most students normally go to the library to get the books, because they are not online, how can we overcome this?
- Scanning the materials could be the easy way, but what about authors and IP rights?
- There are courses that have two or three tests (mid-term) and then the final exam. How can we prevent the students from sharing information between them and obtaining information from non-permitted sources during the test/exam?