By credit card:
Register online and make immediate payment by credit card
By bank transfer or BACS payments:
Download the registration form and complete the returned form along with the proof of payment and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations or social event purchases will NOT be processed until payment has been received.
Registrations fees sent by bank transfer to the IBA bank accounts, without submitting a completed registration form, will be returned to the sender within 14 days of receipt.
Send bank transfers (or BACS) to National Westminster Bank, St James & Piccadilly Branch, 208 Piccadilly, London W1A 2DG, United Kingdom using SWIFT and IBAN codes as follows:
SWIFT code NWBKGB2L
IBAN Code GB55NWBK60730101286498
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS AND THE WORDS ‘CONF2137-MIAMI’ ARE INCLUDED AS THE PAYMENT REFERENCE. The payment must be sent in US Dollars, we can not accept payments sent in any other currency and will be returned.
Once registration is complete all documentation and logistical details will be available from the ‘My IBA’ section of the IBA website. Cancellation terms and conditions apply upon submission of registration.
All fees payable to us by you in accordance with the terms contained in this ‘Information’ section shall be paid free and clear of all deductions or withholdings whatsoever.
If any deductions or withholdings are required by law to be made from any fees payable to us by you under the terms contained in this ‘Information’ section you shall pay such sum as will, after the deduction or withholding has been made, leave us with the same amount as we would have been entitled to receive in the absence of any such requirement to make a deduction or withholding.
If we obtain the benefit of any tax credit or other relief by reference to any such deductions or withholdings, then we shall repay to you such amount as, after such repayment has been made, will leave us in no worse position than we would have been had no such deductions or withholdings been required.
International Bar Association is incorporated as a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the laws of the State of New York in the United States of America and is registered with the Department of State of the State of New York with registration number 071114000655 and the liability of its members is limited. Its registered office in New York is at c/o Capital Services Inc, 1218 Central Avenue, Suite 100 Albany, New York 12205 – please note that conference registrations cannot be accepted at this address: the administrative office of the Association is at 5 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LG, United Kingdom.
The IBA is unable to process group registrations or registrations supplied through an agency. Registration, payment, and all conference correspondence must be made directly with the registered delegate and not via a third party. Should we receive a conference registration and/or payment from a third party, the registration will not be processed, and the funds will be returned automatically to the bank they originated from, with any applicable charges deducted.
Any cancellation must be received in writing at the IBA office by Tuesday 18 October in order for fees to be refunded. A 15 per cent administration charge will be deducted for conference cancellations, including any social functions and Guest costs.
Note: Cancellation terms and conditions apply upon submission of registration. Please note that NO exception will be made to this policy. Should you have difficulties in obtaining your visa and are not able to attend the conference, this cancellation policy will still apply.
Refunds will only be made via the payment method they were originally sent, if a payment is refunded via bank transfer it will also be subject to any applicable bank charges. Refunds will be made minus any monies owed to the IBA.
If you have made an accommodation booking, either through our accommodation agent Judy Lane ICS or booked independently, you are responsible for cancelling this separately. The IBA takes no responsibility for any financial penalties you may incur.
After Tuesday 18 October, no refunds can be made; however, your registration fee can be transferred to a substitute delegate employed within your law firm/company. Only one transfer/substitute per registration is permitted. If you cancel your registration after the deadline and do not transfer to a colleague, any social function places you have purchased will automatically be returned to be resold and cannot be claimed at a later stage by another delegate. Successful resales will be refunded, less an administration charge of 15 per cent from the London office after the conference.
After Tuesday 18 October it is only possible to arrange a delegate transfer on-site at the IBA Registration Desk and the substitute delegate from the same law firm / company must provide written permission for the transfer from the original delegate. Only one transfer/substitute per registration is permitted and the entire registration, including any social function bookings, will be transferred to the new delegate. If the original delegate is an IBA member and registered at the IBA member registration fee rate then the substitute delegate must be an IBA member, become an IBA member or pay the difference in registration fee rates.
Provided you have cancelled your registration to attend an IBA conference in accordance with the terms of the ‘cancellation of registration’ clause above, you must then confirm to us in writing by the 18 October, including the necessary details to enable any reimbursement owed to you to be paid. Refunds will be made via the method of payment used. Credit card refunds are instant and should appear on your statement shortly after the cancellation is processed. Refunds via bank transfer are made manually and will take longer to process. We regret that no refunds will be made after the date that is one year (12 calendar months) after the date of the relevant conference.
All name badges (both delegates and guests) will display a barcode. Badges operate in a similar way to e-tickets and will be scanned for delegates and guests before entry into all IBA official functions. To gain entry to a social function, delegates and guests must wear their badge and have previously purchased a place(s) for the event. We do not issue paper tickets for social functions.
To transfer a social function booking to another delegate, you must visit the IBA Registration Desk and supply full details of the delegate (name, organisation, IBA membership number) to whom the transfer is to be made. As entry to social functions is by barcode only, transfer of bookings cannot be made at the social function venue and must be made at the IBA Registration Desk prior to the social function.
By registering for the conference you agree to the following delegate code of conduct, the host country’s local and/or national requirements and venues restrictions and precautions :
- You will not attend the conference if you are displaying any COVID symptoms
- Should you develop any Covid symptoms during your attendance at the conference you inform a member of IBA staff by email (email@example.com) and you agree not to attend any further conference sessions or related events
- Comply with all local or national restrictions
- You travel at your own risk and you agree that the IBA cannot be held responsible if you contract Covid during the conference or after returning from the conference
- You agree to the extent permitted by law that you shall not hold IBA responsible for: any travel costs incurred for travelling to and from the conference; any travel costs that may be irrecoverable due to the cancellation or postponement of the conference; any losses or liabilities associated with contracting Covid whether on the way to, during or after the conference.
- You agree to the extent permitted by law that you shall not hold IBA responsible for: any travel costs incurred for travelling to and from the conference; any travel costs that may not recoverable due to the cancellation or postponement of the conference; any losses or liabilities associated with contracting COVID whether on the way to, during or after the conference.
- You agree that, if asked by the relevant local or national authorities, the IBA has permission to pass on your personal information and contact details to those authorities should contact tracing be required.
Book with confidence
- The IBA will offer a full refund if you are required to cancel your registration due to Covid related reasons; we will require written confirmation of your cancellation by the end of business on the first day of the conference.
- If the IBA needs to reschedule the event, your registration will be automatically transferred to the new date and no additional fees will be charged. If this date is not convenient for a delegate, a refund of the cost of the conference place will be available on request to the IBA.
- If the IBA is unable to reschedule the conference within 12 months of the original scheduled date, a full refund of the cost of the conference place will automatically be made to all delegates.
- Please note that the IBA will not provide refunds for any other costs incurred including any travel costs.
Please note, these terms may be amended from time to time. Further guidance may be issued to delegates in advance of the conference.