A conference presented by the North American Regional Forum and the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law Section (SEERIL)
We are delighted to announce that ESG: The Role of Lawyers Today and in the Future will take place on 28 February - 1 March 2023 in New York, USA.
The Environment, Social and Governance (“ESG”) is a global trend with significant implications long-term strategy and short-term decision-making. Boards, shareholders and other stakeholders, and their suppliers, vendors, customers and regulators are all taking note and playing a role. In some countries, ESG has become a partisan political issue, raising additional complexities. In this evolving landscape, what is the role of lawyers, how does it vary in industries, what are clients expecting and what are skills and best practices that lawyers should be developing to best serve their clients?
This programme is designed for lawyers (whether at firms, in-house or in government) who are already familiar with ESG principles and who are seeking a deeper understanding of ESG and how it is affecting their clients and practice.
- The rise of the ESG movement: Where do things stand today?
- The financial industries and ESG: Investing, private equity, banking, and regulatory agencies
- Case studies from key sectors: ESG best practices
- The balancing act: ESG in the energy and extractive industries - Managing diverse stakeholder interests while keeping the lights on
- What could possibly go wrong? ESG-related disputes: Litigation and enforcement
- Practical Skills
- The GC Panel
If you would like to be considered as a potential speaker at this specialist conference then please contact the relevant Officers in the North American Regional Forum and the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law Section (SEERIL) with your request; please send your bio together with information on your qualification and expertise on the topic.