31st Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds
22 May - 24 May 2022
Alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD) review
Monday 23 May (1200 - 1300)
- Has AIFMD been successful? If so, why is it being reviewed?
- Will the review impact the ability of non-European Union investment managers to manage EU funds?
- What impact will the review have on the marketing and distribution of non-UCITS funds in the EU, given the significant marketing reforms implemented in 2021?
- How could UCITS funds be affected by the review?
- Are there additional implications for certain types of funds or fund strategies?
- Does the review envisage greater powers for the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and what will that mean for local regulators?
- Status of the review and timeframe for its completion and implementation