Editor's note - Technology Law Committee
I am delighted to share with you this summer 2021 edition of the IBA Technology Law Committee eBulletin.
The topics covered in this issue echo the legal and technology developments keeping us and our clients busy, which include such topics as privacy and data protection, telemedicine, domain names, artificial intelligence, open banking and foreign investments.
You can consult each article by clicking on the links below:
- Dr Matthias Lachenmann and Dr Ingo Baumann, 'The EU's New Standard Contractual Clauses – ensuring international data transfers?'
- Fabio Alonso Vieira and Carolina Barbosa de L Cunha V da Costa, 'The perspective of the Brazilian Federal Supreme Court on the Right to be Forgotten'
- Lisandro Frene, '20 years of Argentinian privacy law: its current status and what to expect'
- Albert Agustinoy, 'Domain names- still a (very) appreciated digital asset'
- Davidson Oturu, 'Open Banking and emerging opportunities for Fintechs in Nigeria'
- Teresa Paz-Ares, 'Telemedicine in Spain today: regulatory and ethical challenges'
- Sajai Singh and Rangam Sharma, 'Indian Data Laws that made the headlines'
- Katerina Yordanova, 'The EU’s Draft Regulation on Artificial Intelligence (Part 1)'
- Yang Zhou, 'China Issues New Foreign Investment Security Review Measures'
On behalf of the Technology Law Committee, I would like to thank all our contributors for sharing their practical insights on these questions.
If you wish to contribute to the next edition of this newsletter, please send me your abstract no later than 30 July at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish you a good read and remain available for any questions you may have about our newsletter.
Publications Officer, IBA Technology Law Committee