A conference presented by the IBA Maritime and Transport Law Committee and supported by the IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum
As the shipping world emerges from the pandemic, the increased use of technology in various aspects of shipping is remarkable. New technologies are now being used to decarbonize the 50,000 plus vessels that make up the world’s shipping fleet, and is also being applied to the issuance of shipping and trade documents. Even the manner in which shipping and trade disputes are now conducted have undergone revolutionary changes. This will be the first post-pandemic ‘in person’ shipping conference organised by the Maritime and Transport Law Committee, where we will also catch up on recent developments in shipping from across the globe.
Topics will include:
- Current themes in maritime transport from around the world;
- Sustainability in shipping – looking at global initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in shipping, new regulations from the IMO and the EU and how new types of fuel could play a part in reducing emissions;
- An SCMA arbitration;
- Current issues in finance for the shipping industry;
- Salvage and General Average – including topics arising from recent casualties such as the Ever Given and X-Press Pearl; and
- Electronic bills of lading – what are they, how do they work and what next?
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Please register your interest to receive further information about the IBA Maritime and Transport Law Committee Mid-Year Conference: The new world of shipping post-Covid. We will contact you as soon as registration is opened.
Please enter your email address so that we may validate if your details are currently held on our database. You do not need to be an IBA member to register.
If you would like to be considered as a potential speaker at this specialist conference then please contact the relevant Chair/Co-Chairs in the Maritime and Transport Law Committee with your request; please send your bio together with information on your qualification and expertise on the topic.