5th Asia Pacific Regional Forum Biennial Conference: Resilient Asia – Fighting Global Headwinds
15 Feb - 17 Feb 2017
The digital economy: impact on people’s lives and legal challenges
Thursday 16 February (1430 - 1600)
Asia Pacific Regional Forum
This panel will discuss the burgeoning e-commerce businesses and the social media boom in the Asia Pacific region.
- Are these business models here to stay?
- Is social media invading people’s privacy?
- Is the right to be forgotten relevant in the Asian context?
- Are brick and mortar companies under threat and can regulatory barriers against digital economy companies be successfully enforced?
- Is the law able to play catch up with new and evolving modes of digital business such as the shared economy businesses, aggregators/marketplaces, driverless cars, drones, etc?
The session will also deal with complicated issues of allocation of liability and jurisdictional challenges in enforcement.