Read more Read less
A conference presented by the IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum
Topics will include:
- Resilience shown by the Indian economy
- M&A in the Asia Pacific region – distressed or chasing the Asian demographics?
- Dispute resolution clauses in commercial agreements
- The digital economy: impact on people’s lives and legal challenges
- Non-performing assets and distressed loans – can bankers and company promoters be friends again?
- Are Asian law firms under pressure?
- Legal and regulatory challenges in building world class infrastructure projects in India and the region’s emerging economies
- Have you hugged your general counsel today?
- Arbitration in India: does the new law advance the case?
- Managing mobile employees
- Is the separation of powers enshrined in the constitution between the legislature and the Indian higher judiciary at risk of being signifi cantly diluted? Are there similar issues in Australasian countries?
- Is the taxman deterring foreign investment in the Asia Pacific region?
- Corruption and its impact on companies and economies in the Asia Pacific region
- Is rapid growth putting pressure on the rule of law in the Asia Pacific and the Middle East?
- Akil Hirani Majmudar & Partners, Mumbai; Senior Vice Chair, IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum
- Ramesh K Vaidyanathan Advaya Legal, Mumbai; Newsletter Officer, IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum