Notes to the Editor
- Amal Clooney served as Deputy Chair of the High Level Panel of Legal Experts on Media Freedom from July 2019- July 2021. Although no longer a member of the High Level Panel, Ms Clooney will continue to work in a new capacity in this next phase, serving as Special Advisor to the Chair of the Panel, Lord Neuberger.
- The International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI) acts as Secretariat to the High Level Panel.
- Related material:
- The International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI), established in 1995 under Founding Honorary President Nelson Mandela, is an autonomous and financially independent entity, working to promote, protect and enforce human rights under a just rule of law, and to preserve the independence of the judiciary and the legal profession worldwide.
- Find the IBAHRI (@IBAHRI) on social media here:
The International Bar Association (IBA), the global voice of the legal profession, is the foremost organisation for international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. Established in 1947, shortly after the creation of the United Nations, it was born out of the conviction that an organisation made up of the world's bar associations could contribute to global stability and peace through the administration of justice.
The IBA acts as a connector, enabler, and influencer, for the administration of justice, fair practice, and accountability worldwide. The IBA has collaborated on a broad range of ground-breaking, international projects with the United Nations, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, The Commonwealth, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, among others.
- Find the IBA (@IBAnews) on social media here:
For further information, please contact: the IBA Human Rights Institute at IBAHRI@int-bar.org
Website page link for this news release: