The session discussed:
- Some key figures about the actual state of foreign investments in the MENA region
- A comparative overview of major Arab investment laws in the region: developments, trends and practical examples
- Comparing investment laws in the MENA region with Europe and the USA
- Case studies in a selection of MENA jurisdictions: Egypt, Morocco, KSA, UAE
- Utilisation of investment vehicles in jurisdictions that offer a treaty network protection – Netherlands, Luxembourg...
- Are Arab Sovereign Funds still key stakeholders in foreign investments in the region?
- The Interplay between Inter-Arab Investment Treaties and International Investment Agreements involving the MENA region
- The Arab Investment Court: prospects and challenges