Already an IBA member? Sign in for a better website experience
IBA Global Showcase
25 Oct - 29 Oct 2021
Protection of investments in the MENA Region from local laws to international treaty networks, with a focus on opportunities and challenges when enforcing foreign judgments and arbitral awards
Tuesday 26 October (1000 - 1100)
Arab Regional Forum
Recording now available
In this session, we will discuss:
• Some key figures about the actual state of foreign investments in the MENA region
• A comparative overview of major Arab investment laws in the region: developments, trends and practical examples
• Comparing investment laws in the MENA region with Europe and the USA
• Case studies in a selection of MENA jurisdictions: Egypt, Morocco, KSA, UAE
• Utilisation of investment vehicles in jurisdictions that offer a treaty network protection – Netherlands, Luxembourg...
• Are Arab Sovereign Funds still key stakeholders in foreign investments in the region?
• The Interplay between Inter-Arab Investment Treaties and International Investment Agreements involving the MENA region
• The Arab Investment Court: prospects and challenges.
All sessions are being recorded, unless otherwise stated.
|Omar Nasser Alrasheed||Omar Alrasheed & Partners, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Membership Officer, Arab Regional Forum|
|Sara Aranjo LL.M.||Al Tamimi & Company, Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Officer, Arab Regional Forum|
|Amani Khalifa||Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Arab Regional Forum|
|Nesrine Roudane||Roudane & Partners Law Firm, Casablanca, Morocco; Officer, Arab Regional Forum|