Programme listConference home
Tuesday 7 March (0900 - 0915)
Tuesday 7 March (0915 - 1015)
The world is experiencing uncertain times and rapid changes which impact law firms and their clients. Short term and longer term strategies are critical. How should law firms and inhouse legal departments position themselves? Issues discussed will include:
- improving culture, diversity and inclusion
- how to stand out
- pricing and profitability
- bricks and mortar or virtual, or blended
- winning the war for talent
- making a social impact
- use of technology
- legal conglomerates or specialist boutiques - what does the future hold?
Tuesday 7 March (1015 - 1100)
ESG is being talked about all over the world. But what does ESG mean for lawyers – both as a practice and as an approach to all that we do? Topics to be discussed include:
- approaches by law firms
- expectations of inhouse counsel for themselves and their law firms
- ESG makes for good business?
- pro-bono / societal impact
- involving clients in pro-bono
Tuesday 7 March (1100 - 1130)
Tuesday 7 March (1130 - 1215)
This session will debate the differences (and similarities) among a Large International Law Firm, a National Champion Law Firm and a Boutique or Small Local Firm.
Tuesday 7 March (1215 - 1300)
The US and UK legal markets are the most influential globally. What dynamics are at play? Who will be the winners and losers? How is the role of clients changing? What do law firms and inhouse leaders in the UAE need to know about global market conditions?
Tuesday 7 March (1300 - 1400)
Tuesday 7 March (1400 - 1430)
Tuesday 7 March (1430 - 1515)
People are the most important asset of law firms and in house legal departments. Are we looking after our people properly given their changing expectations. Topics discussed will include:
- changing law firm culture
- looking after people and their happiness
- balancing well-being with client demands
- driving engagement of our people
- flexibility / agility
- attracting and retaining talent
- office design
- technology and infrastructure
How can inhouse counsel help law firms to look after their people?
Tuesday 7 March (1515 - 1530)
The importance and benefit of understanding the mindsets of Millennial and Gen Z cohorts in your business.
Tuesday 7 March (1530 - 1545)
Tuesday 7 March (1545 - 1630)
What are law firms and inhouse legal departments doing and what further developments can we expect? Should you be driven by “FOMO” or “second mover advantage”? Topics discussed will include:
- technology infrastructure
- cyber security
- data mining
- Where is the greatest ROI?
Tuesday 7 March (1630 - 1730)
We must listen to and talk to our clients. Let's hear some key messages from leading inhouse counsel.
What are the current and future needs of clients? Five things clients want that not all law firms are delivering, together with other topics including: