The IBA’s response to the war in Ukraine
About the Committee
The Oil and Gas Law Committee focuses on issues such as:
- Exploration and production for all forms of hydrocarbons
- Onshore and offshore oil and gas
- Joint Operating Agreements and other usual contracts used by the industry
- Financing and insurance
- Comparative tax regimes
- State participation and national oil companies
- Trans-national pipelines storage and refining
- Sales and shipping agreements
- Alternative dispute resolutions
- Exploration and production
- Licensing, PSA, other regimes
- Downstream issues
- Oil and Gas trade and marketing
- Natural Gas Transportation and Distribution
- LNG chain
- Hydrocarbons regulatory bodies and agencies
Forthcoming conferences and webinars View All Conferences
The Future is Form: AIEN and IBA Launch Joint Collaboration on New Model Clauses for a Successful Energy Transition
The Association of International Energy Negotiators (AIEN) and the International Bar Association’s Oil and Gas Law Committee (IBA-OGC) announce the launch of the joint project to develop Energy Transition Model Clauses.
The project will deliver model clauses that will be standard contractual provisions the oil and gas industry can rely on to implement their emissions reductions and decarbonization goals and that will help enable an energy transition that is timely, just, sustainable, and efficient.
Read more: Click here
Journal of Energy & Natural Resources Law
Published quarterly, the Journal of Energy & Natural Resources Law (JERL) is the journal of the SEERIL. Featuring contributions written by some of the finest academic minds and most successful practitioners in this area of study, JERL is a highly respected journal committed to reflecting contemporary issues that face the energy and natural resources sectors.
The IBA Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law (SEERIL) normally offers a scholarship each year for a young lawyer, who would not normally be able to owing to financial constraints, to attend the IBA Annual Conference. Scholarship details are available here.
The IBA SEERIL, together with its Academic Advisory Group (AAG), are delighted to announce that they are again accepting applications from students requiring funding for advanced studies or research in the fields of energy and natural resources law. The scholarships and research grants, up to a total of £18,000 a year, and is open to students at any institution where at least one member of the faculty is an IBA/SEERIL member.
Subcommittees and other groups
The Oil and Gas Law Committee also coordinates the activities of the following subcommittees/working groups.
- United Kingdom Energy Lawyers Group