About the China Working Group
The China Working Group (“CWG”) of the IBA Asia Pacific Forum was created in late 2015 to raise awareness in the Chinese legal community (members and non-members of the IBA) about the IBA activities and initiatives in China, in the region and worldwide. Since China is one of the largest growing markets, the CWG is working on different projects related to opportunities with governmental organizations, the private practitioners and legal associations. The China Working Group aim is to better understand the needs of Chinese lawyers and the Chinese legal community and recruit more speakers and attendees to IBA events in the region and work on specific Asia/China initiatives.
The objectives of the CWG include:
- advising the IBA members on activities in China and keeping IBA members aware of various events and initiatives in Chine, in the region and worldwide;
- providing input on issues specific to China including opportunities with governmental organisations and legal associations;
- reaching out to non-members, including in-house counsel and academia in China to take part of the IBA initiatives and join as member to enrich the IBA membership as a whole;
- promoting IBA conferences, projects, and programmes and supporting IBA members with interests in China by making known important legal developments in China;
- acting as a central hub for information and ensuring that IBA members based in mainland China have the opportunity to become more involved, by planning and participating in events as attendees or speakers;
- issuing newsletters 2 to 3 times annually in Chinese and English to inform the Chinese legal community of the changes in laws/regulations. Articles are written by the China Working Group member and IBA members;
- helping conferences organisation held in China; and
- getting more Chinese speakers at IBA events.