Notes to the Editor
- Click here to download the 50:50 by 2030: A longitudinal study into gender disparity in law – SPAIN RESULTS REPORT.
- Find out more about the International Bar Association (IBA) and LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation 50:50 by 2030 project: www.ibanet.org/gender-equality-in-the-legal-profession
- Related material:
- IBA launches ‘50/50 by 2030’ project – a longitudinal study into gender disparity in law (March 2021)
- IBA releases first report of global study on gender disparity at the most senior levels in the law – England and Wales (March 2022)
- Uganda: Women underrepresented in senior legal positions in law firms, IBA report reveals (August 2022)
The International Bar Association (IBA), the global voice of the legal profession, is the foremost organisation for international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. Established in 1947, shortly after the creation of the United Nations, it was born out of the conviction that an organisation made up of the world's bar associations could contribute to global stability and peace through the administration of justice.
The IBA acts as a connector, enabler, and influencer, for the administration of justice, fair practice, and accountability worldwide. The IBA has collaborated on a broad range of ground-breaking, international projects with the United Nations, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, The Commonwealth, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, among others.
- About LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation
The LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation is the not-for-profit entity established by LexisNexis Legal & Professional to further achieve its mission to advance the rule of law around the world. The foundation plans and executes projects which enhance one or more of the key elements of the rule of law: equal treatment under the law, transparency of the law, access to legal remedy, and independent judiciaries. These projects focus on a range of local, national, regional and multiregional jurisdictions around the world.
- Find the IBA (@IBAnews) on social media here:
For further information, please contact:
Romana St. Matthew-Daniel
International Bar Association
5 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1LG
Mobile: +44 (0)7940 731 915
Direct Line: +44 (0)20 7842 0094
Main Office: +44 (0)20 7842 0090
Fax: +44 (0)20 7842 0091
Website page link for this news release:
Short link: tinyurl.com/3823scv5
Full link: www.ibanet.org/Spain-Significant-gap-in-the-proportion-of-women-in-top-positions-of-the-legal-sector-according-to-the-IBA-report