About the Committee
The Committee’s diverse membership is drawn from the profession around the world and from firms of all sizes and areas of practice.
The Committee pursues its mission through a number of activities including the annual IBA conference at which the Committee regularly offers a wide range of sessions addressing current top-of-mind issues; regional conferences, generally in coordination with the IBA's regional fora, which address current law firm management issues of regional interest; webinar programs; e-bulletins; and our publications and other material accessible to members on our website.
Once you join the Committee, you may actively contribute to its work by:
- Joining one of the Committee’s four subcommittees: Strategy and Finance, Business Development and Marketing, Talent and Leadership or Knowledge Management and IT;
- Contributing to Law Firm Management publications including the e-bulletins; and
- More generally, sharing your own know-how while learning from others and participating actively at IBA conferences and the committee events and initiatives including its webinars.
Law firm succession
09 Sep 2021 1400 - 1500 BST
Adoption of technology by law firms - fact or fiction?
12 Oct 2021 1300 - 1400 BST
6th IBA Asia Law Firm Management Conference: We survived but is the “new normal” really the future? Or is there more to come?
IBA Annual Conference Miami 2022
30 Oct - 04 Nov 2022
IBA Annual Conference 2023
29 Oct - 03 Nov 2023
Particularly in the legal profession, having face-to-face meetings are essential to build up and maintain a relationship with clients, members of staff and other persons important to your practice. For most of us this has changed drastically overnight when working from home became the norm.
Jun 10, 2021
The Law Firm Management Committee monthly survey series: May 2021
May 31, 2021
Social distancing and travel restrictions means attending face-to-face conferences and networking events are on pause for the near future. More and more events and conferences are becoming virtual, which means a change in tactics when it comes to hosting, attending and networking.
May 10, 2021
The Law Firm Management Committee monthly survey series: February 2021.
Apr 27, 2021
May 22, 2020, 5:06 PM As the world of work changed in response to Covid-19, law firms have adapted to the situation. Highly experienced law firm leaders from around the globe discuss the challenges and steps taken – from the technological to the logistical, from managing staff wellbeing and communications to responding to client demands.
May 22, 2020
Subcommittees and other groups
The Law Firm Management Committee also coordinates the activities of the following subcommittees/working groups.
- Law Firm Management Committee Advisory Board
- Law Firm Management Committee Business Development and Marketing Subcommittee
- Law Firm Management Committee Conferences Subcommittee
- Law Firm Management Committee Knowledge Management and IT Subcommittee
- Law Firm Management Committee Projects Subcommittee
- Law Firm Management Committee Strategy and Finance Subcommittee
- Law Firm Management Committee Talent and Leadership Subcommittee
Covid-19 crisis management and law firms
As the world of work changed in response to Covid-19, law firms have adapted to the situation.
Highly experienced law firm leaders from around the globe discuss the challenges and steps taken – from the technological to the logistical, from managing staff wellbeing and communications to responding to client demands.
Covid-19 guidelines and information for law firms
The Law Firm Management Committee has provided members with guidelines and information for law firms in relation to Covid-19, to stimulate thought and action.