A conference presented by the IBA Professional Ethics Committee, supported by the IBA Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee, IBA Corporate Counsel Forum, IBA European Regional Forum, IBA Technology Law Committee, the Commissione Rapporti Internazionali Ordine Degli Avvocati Di Milano and the Ordine Degli Avvocati di Milano
We are delighted to announce further information about the Global Professional Ethics Symposium - challenges and opportunities of the new normal for ethics in the legal profession taking place in Milan, Italy on 16-17 June 2022.
- Professional ethics and global trends after the pandemic
- The new normal for lawyers after the crisis
- #stophateforprofits#” growing accountability of tech platform providers
- The global entrepreneur and the responsibility for his supply chain
- Legal tech on trial
- Practitioner opportunities and lessons learnt from around the world
Maurizio Molinari Editor, Repubblica newspaper, Milan
Vincenzo Petrone former Italian ambassador in Tokyo and Sao Paulo and former chairman of Fincantieri
Vincenzo Petrone has spent all his professional life in international affairs:
• Political Affairs: as a diplomat at the United Nations, and in NATO. He was Ambassador of Italy in Japan and in Brazil.
• Economic Affairs: as Chairman of Fincantieri, the largest European shipbuilder, and of Simest, a financial public-private institution, and Director for International Affairs in Confindustria, the association of Italian industry, representing over 120.000 Italian companies.
At present, he is Chairman of Assonave (the Association of Italian shipbuilding industry), Vice Chairman of Sea Europe, the European association of shipbuilders.
He was Director General until recently, of the Italy China Foundation in Milan. The Foundation publishes the most important annual report in Italian language about China, the Chinese economy, the evolution of China’s Communist Party and the relationship between China, The United States and the European Union.
In international security affairs, in the eighties he coordinated the Italian participation in the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative, that was the culmination of the political, industrial and high tech competition between the West and the Soviet Union.
Riccardo Cajola Cajola & Associati, Milan; Webinar Officer, IBA Professional Ethics Committee
Thomas Kaiser-Stockmann tkslegal Berlin LLP, Berlin; LPD Council Member
Conference registration criteria and Covid code of conduct
To view the conference registration requirements and code of conduct please click below.
Cancellation due to Covid
Please note that the IBA will offer a full refund if you are required to cancel your registration due to Covid related reasons; we will require written confirmation of your cancellation by the end of business on the first day of the conference.