A webinar presented by the IBA Banking Law Committee
This webinar will be split into two sections. The first will:
• Identify what Brexit has changed in the provision of banking and financial services across the English Channel;
• Analyse principal pieces of regulation: the Withdrawal Agreement, the Trade and Cooperation Agreement and the Memorandum of Understanding on regulatory cooperation; and
• Consider what we can expect for the future.
In the second part of the session, the panel will:
• Examine what Brexit has changed in the recognition and enforcement of UK-based judicial and arbitral decisions in the EU and vice-versa. The panel will look at the situation affecting contracts executed before and after 1 January 2021 and judicial/arbitral proceedings started before and after 1 January 2021;
• Analyse the main pieces of regulation: Brussels Recast, the Hague 2005 and the Lugano Convention 2007; and
• Ask how this situation could evolve in the future.
|Prices in GBP + UK VAT @ 20%, where applicable:|
Session recordings, where applicable, will be available to all registered delegates; registration fees are non-refundable.
- Fernando Azofra, Uría Menéndez, Madrid; Senior Vice Chair, IBA Banking Law Committee
- Philippe Dupont, Arendt & Medernach, Luxembourg City; Vice Chair, IBA Banking Law Committee
- Andrew Henderson, Macfarlanes, London
- Robert Brittain, Slaughter and May, London
- Ioana Knoll-Tudor, Jeantet, Paris
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance for each session will be provided, automatically, to all delegates who have registered in advance and attended the live broadcast for a minimum of 30 minutes based on verified sign-in and sign-out times. Certificates can only be issued to the name provided at the time of registration. If you have any queries relating to your Certificate of Attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org