A virtual conference presented by the IBA Employment and Industrial Relations Committee
This half day virtual conference will cover three sessions on the following topics:
- Managing the hybrid workplace
• What adaptive measures will employers need to take to evaluate, discipline, reward and mentor workers who continue to work from home following Covid?
• What are the legal implications?
• What HR policies will need to be revised to account for the fact that some jobs will be conducted from home and others from the office?
- Mandatory testing and vaccination
• Is the refusal to vaccinate a workplace health and safety challenge?
• How do employers avoid discrimination because of gender, disability or religion?
• What are the reasons for/against vaccination?
• Under what circumstances can a vaccination be imposed as a condition of employment?
• How should employers deal with an employee who refuses?
Working from anywhere
• Does the increased frequency of labour mobility raise new employment, immigration, and tax issues?
• How can these be addressed?
• Who will decide the working place of the future?
• Can employees refuse to work at the office?