Timings are in GMT (17:30 - 19:30 SAST)
Book online https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_h6kFyqmbTd-4zFKxqzJdlQ
Please join the International Bar Association’s Anti-Corruption Committee, who in conjunction with Primerio International, are hosting this event where our highly esteemed guest speakers unpack and debate the recently published 2021 OECD Recommendations aimed at combating foreign bribery from a South African standpoint.
Key topics covered will include incentivising the importance of deterring and detecting corrupt conduct within enterprises; developing an effective whistle-blower regime; considering the appropriateness of non-trial resolutions to combat foreign bribery, and addressing the demand-side of corruption.
- Jennifer Arlen, Director, New York University Program on Compliance and Enforcement, New York
- Cas Coovadia, Chief Executive Officer at Business Unity South Africa (BUSA), Sandton
- Michael-James Currie, Director, Primerio International, Sandton; Regional Representative Africa, IBA Anti-Corruption Committee
- Judge Dennis Davis, Former President of the Competition Appeal Court, Cape Town
- Drago Kos, Chair, OECD Working Group on Bribery, Ljubljana
- Peter Y Solmssen, Former General Counsel, Siemens AG, Boca Grande, Florida; Chair, IBA Non-trial Resolutions of Bribery Cases Subcommittee
- Sope Williams-Elegbe, Professor and Deputy Director, African Procurement Law Unit, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town
- Minister Ronald Lamola South African Minister of Justice and Correctional Services
For any queries in relation to this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org